Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Watercolored Flowers

I have two cards for you today that are water colored. I just love summer flowers. Even the weeds look beautiful. :) The first card, I applied distress markers directly on the stamp, then stamped on my paper. I used Hero Arts Blooming Meadow cling stamp that I found on ebay for really cheap.
HA-Blooming
For the background I did a wet on wet technique. The pearls are by Want2Scrap. I'm entering this card to the following challenges: SSS Monday Challenge, Our Creative Corner, JUGS, Shabby Tea Room (In my garden inspiration).
HA-Blooming-2
My next card has a freehand watercolored flower. I was playing around to see if I can make a messy flower using the loose watercolor technique. It's not quite what I had in mind, but I like that about this technique. You never know what you're going to end up with. :).
Wp9-flower
The sentiment is heat embossed black using the WPlus9 Hand Lettered Thanks set.
Wp9-flower2
I'm entering this card to the following challenges: SSS Monday Challenge, Our Creative Corner, Retro Sketches, JUGS.
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, I especially love your freehand pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nina that second card with your 'messy' flower is gorgeous - love your vibrant colours and the sheer ribbon, contrasted with the srtiking sentiment. The flowers are beautiful too.
    I am enjoying seeing your creations again :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are equally amazing! Love the water colored effect on both! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love these! fantastic! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love these! fantastic! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I'm especially smitten by the gorgeous bloom on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are so bright and happy and just so beautifully done!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous watercoloured cards, such beautiful colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful water colored cards!! Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room" for our "In My Garden" challenge!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These cards are so vibrant and full of life! I love how they made me feel excited about Spring and Summer. The first card reminded me of beautiful fields of wildflowers and the second one made me think of gorgeous floral fabrics that I see on Spring dresses around this time of year. You did a remarkable job on both and I love how they're so different and unique. Great work and I'm so glad you shared these with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Nina, your cards are so pretty! I love the watercolor look to them both -- the bright colors just pop off the pages!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nana, I love the pretty flowers, so summery. The watercolour techniques work really well with this theme. Your flowers made me smile! Thank you for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am new to painting and watercolor and have come to really enjoy Angela's lessons. I would love to win the free course. Thanks to her I have now discovered you!
    We have a neice in Croatia. She is a volunteer in a Christian Ministry and is teaching for 2 yrs. What a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails